Returning D810

Bill16

I'm real sorry to hear this. It really sucks when that happens. I dearly hope you still have your other Nikon's you can fall back on during this hard time. You have my best wishes for things to go better for you soon.

zutty

I do have the 610 and 7100 to use and that's plenty, but I really needed to get back the $3300 while I could. Hopefully I'll be more solvent when the price comes down a little and the availability is better. It's a great camera.

BackdoorArts

Better to be able to return it now than have to sell it used. As good as it is, it's just a camera, not a limb or kidney. You can always get another camera. :uncomfortableness:

zutty

Jake, You are 1000% correct. Actually the dough is needed for health issues and it's a no-brainer to return the D810 at this point. I really loved it, but priorities of this kind are not too hard to decide on.

zutty

Oh man, that sucks, sorry.
I can't imagine returning my D810, I'd rather lose a limb! Hey, there's an idea, sell a kidney!
It's an amazing body. How are you doing with it? The things I loved were the crystal-clear viewfinder, the quiet shutter, and the amazing clarity of the photos especially with high quality lenses.

Bill16

You have all my best wishes for a speedy recovery! With my beloved sick and in physical rehab, I totally understand and feel for you. God bless and take care of you and yours. :)

Jake, You are 1000% correct. Actually the dough is needed for health issues and it's a no-brainer to return the D810 at this point. I really loved it, but priorities of this kind are not too hard to decide on.

zutty

Thanks Bill, much appreciated. In addition to my health issues, I lost my wife and mother within a really short time. I hope your loved one makes a speedy recovery. It's been rough but my photography has really been a godsend in keeping my spirits up. Being a working musician all my life, I had to quit that and transfer my creativity from my ears to my eyes. A very interesting challenge.

Last edited:

Bill16

I'm really sorry to hear about your beloved wife and mom. That is awful, I'm soooo sorry.
Thank you, my beloved wife is recovering, though it takes time, and we hate being apart. But we are making it day by day. :)
That is awesome your channeling your creativity into photography now that your unable to continue to be a working musician! I'm trying slowly to learn guitar, or was until photography took over my creative life! Lol :)

Rock on in photography buddy, and thank you for sharing this with us! :)

Thanks Bill, much appreciated. In addition to my health issues, I lost my wife and mother within a really short time. I hope your loved one makes a speedy recovery. It's been rough but my photography has really been a godsend in keeping my spirits up. Being a working musician all my life, I had to quit that and transfer my creativity from my ears to my eyes. A very interesting challenge.

zutty

I'm really sorry to hear about your beloved wife and mom. That is awful, I'm soooo sorry.
Thank you, my beloved wife is recovering, though it takes time, and we hate being apart. But we are making it day by day. :)
That is awesome your channeling your creativity into photography now that your unable to continue to be a working musician! I'm trying slowly to learn guitar, or was until photography took over my creative life! Lol :)

Rock on in photography buddy, and thank you for sharing this with us! :)
Bill,
I'm very happy your wife is recovering. Both my Mom and Wife were in very bad shape during the last year of their lives and I learned a lot about what it means to truly love and and how important it is to take advantage of the little time we have left in this world.
I was a drummer for over 45 years and was lucky enough, through playing, touring, teaching and studio work, to do something I truly loved for a long time. I'm finding photography much different than music. First of all, I don't have the 10,000 hours of practice and study left that I had to put into music, but I'm really enjoying myself and hope to be able to create something worthwhile eventually. Thanks so much for your kind words and thoughts.

RocketCowboy

Zutty...as a former drummer myself (although only semi-pro) it'd be great to hear some of those stories somehow. Still, hope you get recovered soon!

zutty

Oh, being on the road was pretty wild back in the day. I wasn't too much of a rock n' roller though, mostly blues and jazz acts but we still had a lot of fun. I remember one show when I was Really young and just starting out, playing at a strip club. This gorgeous stripper was dancing and I was really trying to play my best, maybe over-playing. Well she dances over towards me with this beautiful smile and as she keeps dancing, whispers into my ear "You keep playing that fancy s**t while I'm on, and I'll cut your b**ls off! Well I stared at my shoes the rest of the set.

RocketCowboy

Oh, being on the road was pretty wild back in the day. I wasn't too much of a rock n' roller though, mostly blues and jazz acts but we still had a lot of fun. I remember one show when I was Really young and just starting out, playing at a strip club. This gorgeous stripper was dancing and I was really trying to play my best, maybe over-playing. Well she dances over towards me with this beautiful smile and as she keeps dancing, whispers into my ear "You keep playing that fancy s**t while I'm on, and I'll cut your b**ls off! Well I stared at my shoes the rest of the set.

Ok, that one story right there is better than pretty much any story I have from playing the southeast US. :D