GraphiStudio - Avoid!

GameOfMoans

Could a moderator please remove this thread. I know it's quoted below, however on refection, it was a poor decision to post.

Last edited:

Scott Murray

I had an experience with GraphiStudio I feel I need to share.

A few days ago, I signed up for GraphiStudio and received an email from a representative within 24 hours and to my welcome surprise I was offered the following - In the Trade Area you will see our FREE OFFER for Custom Sample Kit, valued at £700, which included "You can choose any book size, cover option, paper type and page thickness, up to 60 sides (pages). You will also receive 1 Parent Book copy, 20x30cms (A4), 4 Parent Book copies in 10x13cms (4”x5”) and a 30x40cms (12”x16”) Calendar.
This kit will be shipped directly to you FREE OF CHARGE."

I got my password and on signing in, keen to take up this offer, there was no sign of it. So I contacted my representative who happened to be a Sales and Marketing Director where I forwarded on this email with the offer, and informing him that there was no offer in the trade area, that we were not off to a good start. the following was his reply;

"I agree this is not a good start to our business relationship, And I think we both need to take a step back to see if this is going to work.
From our point of view we registered you yesterday and sent you the relevant information and passwords, there is already a free Young album available to order in your trade area and the package Sheila referees to can take a couple of days to become active.

What I am concerned about is your expectations and the comment on this is not a good start. We where going to give you access to £700 of free product, this is not a requirement by us but a judgment and investment when we look at your website and from the information you provided on your enquiry form, we do not offer it to all who apply and we are a trade organisation working with fulltime professional photographers or photographers who plan to turn full time in the short term.

For Graphistudio to realise the investment in a new photographer working with us it takes around 15 orders so as you can imagine it is a big investment for us to make and the photographer to make by working with us, we see it as a partnership rather than a supplier consumer relationship we need trust and respect on both sides.

In light of your comments and my response please consider if you wish to pursue your account with us and let me know."

I went back to him asking him to close my account, which he did.

Not a good service at all, so I'll certainly not be considering this company again in the future. I did contact the CEO before my account was closed, but so far no responce from him.

Anyone else had a similar experience, or is this just one individual with the wrong attitude ?

I think you might have been too hasty with your reply and should have waited a few days, it seems that they were offering a package that was not the norm and would have taken a few days to be provided. I really think your original email could have been worded better and I can see where they are coming from. I do not see any thing wrong in what they have written as they are a business looking for clients and apparently even though you may have a good portfolio you do not meet the requirements as a photographer.

GameOfMoans

I agree, that my initial response could have been better, however all he had to respond with was exactly that, that it takes a few days. But the email with the offer I got did not state it would take days so that was not my expectation and the offer did sound too good to be true anyway. I think he was keen to get rid of me too quickly. But I take your point.

Last edited:

Horoscope Fish

GameOfMoans;335914... said:
I think he was keen to get rid of me too quickly.
I agree your response was a little bit heavy-handed a little too early on in the conversation, thereby setting the tone for all that followed. Yes, the reply could have been more cordial but it sounds like they were prepared to seriously spiff you and they got snark in response to their generosity. There is such a thing as an undesirable client and I think you may have inadvertently painted yourself as such.

GameOfMoans

I agree your response was a little bit heavy-handed a little too early on in the conversation, thereby setting the tone for all that followed. Yes, the reply could have been more cordial but it sounds like they were prepared to seriously spiff you and they got snark in response to their generosity. There is such a thing as an undesirable client and I think you may have inadvertently painted yourself as such.

Yes I can't disgree with that. But still, had it been me responding, I'd have still preferred to keep a potential client, spending money!