Night Scape don't hold back....

Dsobo

I was getting home late from work and had about 5 minutes to grab my gear when I seen this coming, I'm sure I could have set up better but let me know your thought. Still learning.
Warm Farm1 7242014.jpg

Moab Man

I don't know what it is you're trying to show me. There's no lit up sunset. No interesting lighting of the farm.

It's a nice photo, but not sure of what you're sharing.

Horoscope Fish

The main issue I have with this shot is that I'm not seeing any clear subject. The most prominent feature is dead center in the frame, which isn't helping, but like Moab Man says, I'm not sure what it is you're wanting to show me here.

Krs_2007

Correct on the above. Think of it this way, you want to tell a story with your photo. You need to frame/crop to convey what you see to the viewers. The skyline is beautiful when its lit up like that, but you have the silo in the middle of the picture. I get the picture and with a little work on composition you could have a really nice picture here.

Nice picture, there is a lot of valuable information on photography on the internet. Keep practicing.

Woodyg3

Contributor
I bet it was really beautiful in person, and I like the fiery orange fading up to dark blue in the sky. The human eye sees things differently than the camera, and our mind selects the details as we look at things in person, while the camera simply records what you point the lens at. So the job is to make the whole photo look interesting/beautiful through the camera.

This is a good start. I would have zoomed in on the silo, put it a third off the left edge, and then exposed for more detail in the foreground, or for a silhouette.

We all take shots like this, get them home and think "almost." That's why I always try to take a ton of pictures with different compositions and exposures when I see a scene like this. Then I have a bunch to pick from and can get the cream of the crop.

Also, I'll say that this is by no means a bad picture. Since you asked for ideas, we are all trying to help with ways to make it an awesome picture. Keep on posting. I want to see what you come up with next! :)

ptcasper

I agree with a good amount of what was said above. The sky is beautiful and the potential for a great image is there. Keep in mind next time the rule of thirds and put the silo on the right or left side of the frame and focus in. That will keep your options open when you are post-processing and you can look at making the colors in the foreground a little more vibrant

Eyelight

This will be a bit of an echo of previous comments with a couple added thoughts.

The sky was probably more vivid to the eye than what appeared making the whole scene a a wow image to capture. Without the vivid sky, the silo being the most prominent object becomes kind of the subject and then the eye wanders around the image.

Post processing may be able to bring the sky up to the intensity that you saw. The key would be raising it to the level it overwhelms the silo even if the silo is in the center. The foreground would have been hardly noticeable by the eye absorbing the vivid sky, so darkening it might be more accurate (in a way). Then the wow of entire scene is the subject and the wow that you saw becomes the wow we see in the photo.

Cropping to me would depend on what can be done to bring the wow back.

Dsobo

I want to thank everyone for your comments that is exactly what I was looking for, honest criticizam and corrections needed. I defiantly forgot the important rule of 3rds. I will take note and keep moving froward.

Thanks again.