What is a good price on a D700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill16

As a lot of you know, I badly want a D700! But as you may also know a payment plan is the only way I could get one now. Now as nobody is jumping up and drown to get my attention to sell me one on payments, I'll need to save up for one.

So, to the purpose of this thread. What is a good price at the moment for a D700 with low actuation count? Because I'll need to save up about that much, to be able to eventually buy one. And sure I'd take a D610 if someone offered it to me on payments, but I figure that there is even less chance of that as there is of buying a D700 that way. I figure nobody wants to wait so long to get fully pasid off. At a hundred at month, it would take some time you know! Lol :)

Anyway can anyone tell me what's a good to great price on a D700 right now? :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Like the majority of us here, we can't have enough equipment.

Around $1000 - $1,200 USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fred Kingston

What Glen said... there's been a few in the $950'ish range, but they seem to have a higher actuation count than the $1200 range...

Bill16

OK that sounds like about a year of saving, or maybe a year and one half if I don't try to hurry it as fast as possible...................

Thank you buddy! I appreciate your help as always Glenn! You sure know gear my friend! Lol :D

Like the majority of us here, we can't have enough equipment.

Around $1000 - $1,200 USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill16

I might take a higher actuation count if working with a payment plan, but not if I have to save up for a D700! Lol :)
Thanks for the info buddy! :D

What Glen said... there's been a few in the $950'ish range, but they seem to have a higher actuation count than the $1200 range...

hrstrat57

I am hoping to pay $1200 for a mint sample.

KEH is a bit higher at the moment. Once my previous kit is sold I will make my move on a D700...

skene

Yeah I'm in the same boat contemplating between a D700 or D800 as those are becoming so readily available due to the release of the D810.

Bill16

I hadn't thought about the D800 going down in price. But I don't have the computer for such large files anyway, so I'll stick to my D700 plans! Lol :)

But I'll root for ya getting whichever model you end up choosing! :D

Yeah I'm in the same boat contemplating between a D700 or D800 as those are becoming so readily available due to the release of the D810.

Ruidoso Bill

If you have Paypal there is something called "Bill Me Later" There are lots of low actuation D700's on ebay so sign up for it and pay no interest for 6, 9 or 12 months.

Bill16

I tried, and I got turned down. Otherwise I'd jump on that idea my friend. But thanks for trying! I really appreciate it buddy! :D

If you have Paypal there is something called "Bill Me Later" There are lots of low actuation D700's on ebay so sign up for it and pay no interest for 6, 9 or 12 months.

Ruidoso Bill

The used D700 ($1200) is half what a used D800 ($2400) is going for. I have no interest in upgrading to a D810, more than happy with my D800. After one spends three grand on a body most will keep it for the time being.

skene

The used D700 ($1200) is half what a used D800 ($2400) is going for. I have no interest in upgrading to a D810, more than happy with my D800. After one spends three grand on a body most will keep it for the time being.

D800s are going for around 1900 in more urban areas like here in NY. So if the difference between the two of them being only a few hundred. It's kind of hard to not think about going D800.

Bill16

I'd love to be able to afford and use a D800 or better yet a D800e, but the cost and file size is beyond what I can really afford and currently use.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn one down! Lol But I'm not sure how I would manage post processing those huge files. And if I could have any Nikon model I'd go for the D4s, my dream camera.lol :)
So it still seems like my best option is to try for a D700, which matches my D300 anyway even to my battery grip. That can save me money right there until I can afford to buy a grip and L bracket for the D700! :D

But the photos you can get with a D800/D800e are spectacular if you have the skills!Glenn and others here have impressed me no end with what they can achieve! Of course they are great photographers and get awesome shots out of whatever camera they use! But they really know how to get the most out of the D8xx line up for sure!:frog:

So I sure don't blame you for wanting a D8xx! I'm rooting for ya! :)

D800s are going for around 1900 in more urban areas like here in NY. So if the difference between the two of them being only a few hundred. It's kind of hard to not think about going D800.

Bill16

Just for the record, they don't like my billing address being a po box. But here where I live we aren't allowed mail boxes, and no mail gets delivered to houses here. Besides that I would have to change all my credit cards and bank account to a street address, and that just isn't doable.
Which way why I tried to find someone here who would sell me a good D700 on payments. :)

hrstrat57

Stay on course Bill! D300/D700 = super kit!

Mine is getting close the Sony/ Maxxum gear is moving pretty easily!

Super kit will be ours!

Bill16

Thanks for the help everybody, but I'm not going to be looking for some time. So I'm going to close the thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.