Any motorcycle photographers out there with me?

Panza

Hello friends,

I try to combine two passions at time by shooting what I love. In reverse, I like to ride the cycle to places and shoot what I see. At the moment I take my general camera bag, velcro strap it to the back of my motorcycle and ride on. Haven't had any issues with it going through hard bumps and holes. The cloth camera bag has a little pull out cover incase it begins to rain.

I'm thinking that I might want to just convert a tank bag into a camera bag so I won't have to turn around to take photos. Has anyone else done so? Or does anyone else ride, stop, and shoot?

Converting a Motorcycle Tank bag into a Photography bag | EOS-Images

Aside from this guy of course. (Dedicated motorcycle tank bag I found online costs over $400!)

ShootRaw

I am a portrait photog that happened to take some shots like this involving motorcycles...
untitled-1936.jpguntitled-1948.jpguntitled-1951.jpguntitled-1965.jpg
Excuse my crappy old watermark..

RocketCowboy

All of my motorcycle travel pics were taken with a Pentax or Sony P&S camera, so I wasn't worried about survivability of the camera. In most cases, I had a neck strap with the camera tucked into my chest pocket on the jacket.

My current tank bag is set up to be powered from the bike so that I can charge batteries/cell phone/etc while riding, but I don't see why you couldn't convert an existing tank bag to carry your camera and provide a decent bit of protection. If your current tank bag is already water proof, all the better.