Sunset

Nokkie

Hi Guys
Would Greatly appreciate any feedback THANKS;)

Attachments

• DSC_0397.JPG
    DSC_0397.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 180

jengajoh

I love the colors and the rays from the sun. I would have gotten more sky in the shot. The dividing line between sky and ground is right in the middle, so half the photo is black. Also I would turn off the date/time stamp. :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice shot besides the day-time stamps as Jen said. Either crop it out or erase with PP.

fotojack

My thinking, too. More sky, less ground in this particular shot. Cropping is in order here to make it more effective. And yes, definitely lose the date/time stamp!

ohkphoto

Snow White
All of the above are right on. What or how do you post-process your photos? You might cut back a little on the saturation after you crop it. It's a nice sky shot with beautiful colors. Work it a little in PP to your satisfaction . . . but it's definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing it with us!

PavementPilot

Rule of 3rds. You can use 1/3 foreground (sillouete) and 2/3 background (colors of the sky) in this shot, because the colors are what set off this photo. Nicely captured.

Joseph Bautsch

Good advice from everyone. One of the things you might also try is to use a graduated neutral density filter, any where from two to three stops, across the bright sky. That will allow more of the details of the black foreground to come through. Having more detail in the foreground will add depth and interest to the shot.

Nokkie

Thank You for your replies greatly appreciated i have done a crop it looks better Thanks again:)

Attachments

• DSC_0397.JPG
    DSC_0397.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 122