Fisheye Lens

Fawky

Hi, I own a Nikon D5200 and am looking to buy a fisheye lens. Can anyone advise me on the best mm lens for a cropped fisheye effect ie. rectangular fish eye not circular fish eye. I read that a 'full frame camera' will achieve this with a 15mm lens, or 10mm with a crop-sensor camera. Which is the Nikon D520?0 Also what brands would be recommended? I've heard Sigma is the cheapest but are they of a good quality? Cheers

rocketman122

Hi, I own a Nikon D5200 and am looking to buy a fisheye lens. Can anyone advise me on the best mm lens for a cropped fisheye effect ie. rectangular fish eye not circular fish eye. I read that a 'full frame camera' will achieve this with a 15mm lens, or 10mm with a crop-sensor camera. Which is the Nikon D520?0 Also what brands would be recommended? I've heard Sigma is the cheapest but are they of a good quality? Cheers

take a look into the Rokinon/samyang 8mm fisheye. its manual focus but if youre not shooting action and want to save some money its nice. I use it on a FF camera and get a 5mp. to me its borderline ok and plan on upgrading to a 15mm sigma. 15mm wont give a 180º field of view (from corner to corner). you need their 10mm or nikons 10.5mm

Steve Bell

I use a Samyang 8mm F3.5 fisheye with my Nikon D7100, an excellent lens. I usually shoot at F11, sometimes F8, and the manual focus set to 1M, DOF looks after focus. Any minor chromatic aberrations are easily corrected within photoshop, but never use it shooting into the sun. This lens gives a 180 deg field of view on a crop sensor camera such as the D7100. All the photos here were taken with the Samyang fisheye. https://www.flickr.com/photos/sbell/sets/72157645716691674

Last edited: