NEW Weekly Photo Challenge Rules & Guidelines

Browncoat

The goal of the Weekly Photo Challenge is to give you new topics to shoot each week, keeping you motivated to use your camera often!

How the Challenge Works

1. Each challenge will run for 1 (one) week, beginning on Wednesday and ending at midnight (Eastern US time/GMT-5:00) on the following Wednesday.

2. Every challenge will have it's own thread. The title of each thread will be titled as follows: Weekly Challenge [dates]: [subject].

3. A weekly winner will decide the topic of the next challenge.

Choosing a Winner

There will be a two step voting process in picking a winner of each Weekly Photo Challenge:

1. As each week's challenge is active, please use the "Like this post" button to vote for your favorite images. You can like as many photos as you want!

2. At the end of the week, the Weekly Photo Challenge Team will create a new voting poll of the Top 3 most liked images. Members will then vote for their favorite and declare a winner who will get to choose the next challenge topic.​

In the event of a tie during the "liked" images elimination round, they will be added to the voting poll.

The polling round will only be open for 3 days, so be sure to get your votes in!

In the event of a tie at the end of the polling round, the Weekly Photo Challenge Team will determine a winner.

The Rules

1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge. No gallery images or off-site links (flickr, 500px, etc) will be accepted.

2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread.

3. Only one photo entry per member for each week, unless otherwise noted.

4. All regularly active members of Nikonites are allowed to participate, including moderators and administrators.

Browncoat

FAQ

Q: Why are we doing this?
A: To spark more member participation.

Q: Two rounds of voting? I don't get it.
A: Due to member feedback regarding the challenges over the years, we felt there was a strong desire for more interaction. Many members have wanted to know who placed 2nd, 3rd, etc. With this dual-voting system, we now have the best of both worlds.

Q: I WON! What did I win?
A: You get to select the topic of the next challenge, and some bragging rights. These challenges are just for fun, and no prizes are awarded unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Q: I just won, so what happens now?
A: A member of the challenge team will contact you via private message with further instructions.

Q: Do I post my own new challenge thread?
A: No, see above. In the interest of keeping things organized, only members of the Weekly Photo Challenge Team should create challenge and voting threads.

Q: I just won, and my topic has been posted. Can I participate in my own challenge?
A: Absolutely!

Q: So this is kind of a round robin system?
A: Yes. A new challenge will be posted while you are still voting for the previous week's winner.

Q: Why only 3 days for the polling round?
A: This is to give the winner some time to come up with a new topic, and to give the team time to put everything together.

Last edited: