Some sample shots from my Tamron 150-600

Geoffc

As posted last week, my wife and I picked up a couple of Tamron 150-600 lenses. This weekend we got out and took some pictures to see how they perform on our D7100s (I'll try the D800 next time). The assessment so far is that they seem to perform very well, with both producing very similar results and the focus fine tuning seems to have them both about the same and spot on :D I though mine was off until I looked at the photos properly on a big screen. The depth of field tends to be quite shallow on this setup :eek:

I've posted the pictures here on flickr as they probably show the results better than on this site. All the images are handheld, taken in raw and processed using Lightroom for initial exposure type adjustments and then Photoshop for Nik filters to optimise contrast, reduce noise and sharpen. My wife got similar results hand held with her setup so I reckon the VC on this lens is doing a great job. The exif should be available and the shots vary from F6.3 to F9.

** please note that I made a mistake and posted each image twice with different file names. I'm going to leave it as some people have already commented.

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

Shots look great, Geoff. Lens looks nice and sharp. Funny, and off topic, but the one thing Flickr did in recent years that I appreciated was the all-black look when you zoomed into a photo as it gave you a great, full view of the image - and now they went an undid it. LOL

Geoffc

Good photos! My favs - the first one (a monkey) and a sea lions (dsc 4590; 4596).

Thanks for the comments and you've pointed out that I messed up. I exported the pictures twice with different names and didn't realise so I dragged the lot into flickr :confused: The monkey is interesting as it's at ISO 2800 on the D7100 and I don't think you would have guessed.

Geoffc

Those are impressive shots! Are these "as shot" or post production?

Thanks Tom. No all the images are handheld, taken in raw and processed using Lightroom for initial exposure type adjustments and then Photoshop for Nik filters to optimise contrast, reduce noise and sharpen. I keep meaning to post some unprocessed raw files by way of comparison.

Last edited:

Tom Grove

I don't know if you shoot raw Tom, but off the camera they look terrible and must be processed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My camera has 2 card slots so I shoot both RAW and jpeg. I use the RAW for post production and jpeg to just post online.