D700 & MB-D10 issue for shutter release

manisholiday

Hi,

I was using Nikon D700 and battery pack MB-D10 it was working fine and somehow suddenly it stopped responding on click (shutter release) button from battery pack.
Rest of all operations work fine such as focus half shutter release but when I try to press full for click it does not click.

What could be the issue ? I tried upgrade and degrade firmware of camera (D700) but nothing works,

Thank you for help.
Mansh

zero596

I'd start by cleaning off the contacts between the camera and grip. I little rubbing alcohol on a q-tip should do the trick. Also make sure the connection between the two is super tight. I had issues with all functions with my grip and had to send it back to Nikon.

STM

What kind of batteries do you have in the battery pack? I had a 3rd party EN-EL3e and it worked just fine until one day the camera just did not recognize it any more. I put a volt meter to it and it had the proper voltage so it was not that the battery was not holding a charge. I switched to AA rechargeable batteries for the grip and have not had any more problems and the frame rate is higher anyway.

manisholiday

I'm having all original equipment, after trying everything I had to sent it to Nikon service centre and it got fixed, they told me service was needed .. Anyways it's working and thanks for suggestions friends