Corel Paint Shop Photo Pro 3 Ultimate

Jon

Hello, anybody familiar with this software? How's your experience? Does it have HDR merge? What's its best feature? Do you recommend it? Thanks.

PavementPilot

I bought PSP X3 Ultimate and am very happy with it. It does have HDR Merge too. I havent played with that part yet. For the price, I highly recommend it.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Paint Shop historically has beena great bang for the buck. The reason I stopped using it way back when was because of the lack of industry support (e.g. books, training, forums, etc.).

fotojack

I have it, too. Yes, it has HDR functions. I'm still learning how to use all it's features. :) Great bang for the buck, in my opinion.

Ruidoso Bill

I do the majority of my PP is lightroom but I also have Paint Shop Pro X and still use it for some touch ups. My older version doesn't support HDR so I have other software for that. Corel has always been great bang for the buck.

Curt

Here is a example of a little fun in Paintshop ProX3. I did it all in the program, border, watermark, etc.

march 22 2011 (3).JPG

theregsy

Have to agree with the other posters on here I used PSP a lot up to PSP7 then was seduced by photoshop elements, and eventually by CS5. But I managed to get hold of the latest version of PSP through the Amazon Vine programme (for free) it looked great but with Lightroom and Photoshop already on my system it was uneccessary for my needs, so I passed it on to a friends daughter who has been bitten by the photography bug and was struggling with GIMP, she was absolutely delighted with it and her finished images have improved a lot, between PSP and a new Pentax DSLR for Xmas she is loving PSP and its ease of use along with the power that it has available. Always has been a great product.

Jon

Thanks guys for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm presently using GIMP but my daughter is having difficulty with it. Hopefully with Corel, it could motivate her to do some photo editing. Btw, Curt that's really creative.

Curt

Thanks Jon, the software is fairly straight forward and pretty easy to use I also use a Bamboo tablet with it. So you can do a lot of creative things and really bring back the fun of working in a editing program :).

PavementPilot

Is there a way to bulk edit in PSP? I would like to edit something like 400-1000 jpgs into the miniturization for time lapse. Or can this be done directly on the D3100, bulk, not image by image. Can I shoot it in miniturization?