New to Nikon, new to Nikonites!

Good afternoon gang,

After a few years out of the hobby, I decided to try out Nikon after some time with Canon. I based my decision by having both experience with a friend's 60D and a family members d5200... While the Canon felt right at home, I felt compelled to try something new, and I just couldn't pass up that sexy 51 focus point system, 100% viewfinder, and larger than d5200 handling...it felt small to me (the 5200 that is)

I ordered a d7100!

Hopefully I made a stellar choice within my budget allotment and cannot wait to start shooting!

-Cheers

wornish

welcome.gif

My main photography bug is shooting aquariums, corals, etc... but for fun Ill be ordering the Nikon fisheye at some point, however, I only ordered the body only 7100, not the kit...

--Should I just grab a used 18-55 for cheap as a general walk around, out and about, whatever shooting? I was perhaps thinking of just using the 35mm f/1.8 as a walk around, incase I'm stuck in low light!

RocketCowboy

I've been using the 35mm/1.8g as my walk around lens lately and have been happy. I switch over to the 55-700 when I need more reach, but haven't been going to the 18-55 much at all lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Englischdude

Nice... Good to hear... I just wonder if Id be doubling down on two similar (to an extent) lenses if I go with the
Nikon10.5mm f/2.8G ED DX Fisheye Nikkor Lens

&
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX Lens

Just feels as if they'd be too similar?

those two lenses you have mentioned are as similar as night and day and for completely different purposes! As a general walkabout whch also is quite fast, I have been hearing and reading fantastic reviews about the SIGMA 17-70 2.8/4 contemporary line. An 18-105 and 35mm 1.8 is also a great combo!

Oh je, I feel for you man, buying the camera is the easiest part....... now your real problems are starting :D