Hi from So AZ

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Thanks for providing this site. It has already answered a few of my questions. I am new to Nikon, but have been a snapshot junky for years. Ha! After looking at many of the photos posted here, I am very much a beginner. How you guys can see what you do in objects, etc and capture them in great photos is beyond me. I find myself just looking everywhere I go to see if I can see something that would be that special view to look at (even without a camera in hand). I just practice looking. Ha! In the film days, I liked to experiment, but the cost of developing many "dud" pictures was discouraging and hard on the pocket book. Ha! With digital it will be more fun to play, I think. I hope to be able to pick up on the multitude of expertise found here. I have the D5300 and a couple of lenses. I have used Gimp and as I learn it, I like what it can do. I have not played with shooting RAW yet, but that will be in the near future. Thanks.

Walt

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Oh, I might add that the first pictures I took with the D5300 were of my spouse. She said that she would NOT be my subject. I guess the D5300 did too good of a job with detail. The wrinkles were too clear. Ha!

Eyelight

Oh, I might add that the first pictures I took with the D5300 were of my spouse. She said that she would NOT be my subject. I guess the D5300 did too good of a job with detail. The wrinkles were too clear. Ha!

Sometimes the sharpest picture is not the smartest picture. Welcome.

RocketCowboy

Howdy Walt and welcome to Nikonites! Out stories sound very similar, with me also just getting the D5300 just under two months ago.

Hope to see more pics soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wornish

welcome.gif