Slickdeals: Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX- US$159.99 + Free Shipping

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
From Slickdeals: The Photo4Less eBay site has the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX on sale for $159.99. The lens is new in box. Shipping is free. Warning: This appears to be grey market.

4b7fcd63-1053-448c-8e48-9c33481666a7.jpg

Last edited:

crashton

I already have one, but if I didn't I'd buy this. I generally don't buy grey market, but at the price here I wouldn't worry about it. Odds are your favor it will never need repair. Just my .02. :)

Horoscope Fish

I already have one, but if I didn't I'd buy this. I generally don't buy grey market, but at the price here I wouldn't worry about it. Odds are your favor it will never need repair. Just my .02. :)
I agree... GM just feels a little slimy for some reason.

I find myself debating just HOW slimy it feels, though, and how long I think it would take for that feeling to resolve itself.

Fred Kingston

I've paid a lot of money over the years for "Nikon" USA market lenses versus Grey....

I've never sent a lens anywhere for a repair...:bi_polo:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I have to say that I was very pleased with my 35/1.8 when I had my D300. I bought it used which invalidates the warranty too. Not much difference than grey market for a low cost lens IMHO.

Horoscope Fish

Did you end up getting the 35mm?
I wound up getting "a" 35mm, just not this one... PayPal has issues with my debit card and I couldn't get the transaction to complete with this seller. I wound getting the Sigma f/1.4 DG HSM instead and I'm much happier with it. Outstanding lens.

Sharin

I wound up getting "a" 35mm, just not this one... PayPal has issues with my debit card and I couldn't get the transaction to complete with this seller. I wound getting the Sigma f/1.4 DG HSM instead and I'm much happier with it. Outstanding lens.

From whom did you wind up buying your lens? Is the bokeh really better? Thx.

Horoscope Fish

From whom did you wind up buying your lens? Is the bokeh really better? Thx.
I got my Sigma from Amazon; I have Prime and the price was the same as any other reputable place online like B&H and Adorama. As for the bokeh I honestly couldn't tell you if it's better than the bokeh of the Nikon 35mm or not. I'd say it's quite nice, but I don't buy a lens based solely on the bokeh it serves up. The Sigma is a little sharper and has a little less chromatic aberration, though, the build quality is far better than it's Nikon counterpart and I do like that. In all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of Nikon "G" lenses. They get the job done often enough, but in my opinion they feel cheap and sloppy.