D5300 Grip (MEIKE MK-D5300) Battery EL-14a Compatibility

RocketCowboy

I've held off on that grip based on the limited reviews that I've found. I was looking at the same grip via Amazon, but the shipping was horrible and did not seem that customers were getting the D5300 version of the grip, so I held off until I heard from someone who has it.

skene

The en-el14a is just an updated replacement to the en-el14... so yes, you should not have any problems with using the batteries with the grip.

RocketCowboy

I bought the Xit grip for my D5300. It works fine and cost $54 including 2 batteries. The only pain is you have to use a wire in order to activate the trigger on the grip, but that's true of all grips for this camera.
Amazon.com : Battery Grip Kit for Nikon D5100 D5200 D5300 Digital SLR Camera Includes Qty 2 Replacement EN-EL14 Batteries + Vertical Battery Grip + More!! : Camera & Photo

That's the other grip that I was looking at too, so thanks for the confirmation!

Was it difficult to remove the battery door from the D5300?

John Braden

I also have the Xit grip. I like the fact I can pretty much use it all day with the two batteries it came with. Of course, I have two extra ones, but those are only for emergencies. I don't use the remote shutter release as I don't find its location very good from the way I grip the camera.