D3100 Display Screen

NJW99

Hi,

I have just joined the site so sorry if this post has already been said...

I have D3100 and currently use the small view finder when taking photos, but are you able see what you are taking on the display screen too, so you dont have to bring camera to your face?

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

nickt

I'm guessing you didn't read your manual yet, lol. There should be a whole section on 'live view'. Look for the LV lever on the back of the camera. That will do it. Use the shutter button or for video, use the button in the center of the lever.

NJW99

Thanks Nickt, I just thought this was for video, very novice as you probably guessed already. :D Nope not had proper time to read manual....really want to master the camera as already taken some great photos..

NJW99

Nickt, I have taken some photos of my lads where they are focused with the background hazed, this was not done intentially but love them, so whne trying to do it purposely I can't do it? Any advice??

Bill16

Yes the D3100 can be a blast once you get use to it and learn a few things! I hope you'll love getting into photography the way I did when I bought my first DSLR, which by the way was the D3100 too! :D