The Federal Territory Mosque in Kuala Lumpur

zain

The Federal Territory Mosque is located at Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is one of the two major mosques, the other one is The National Mosque completed in 1960s after Malaysia achieved independence from The British Government in 1957.

This Federal Territory Mosque was completed in 2000. The mosque's design is a blend of Ottoman and Malay architectural styles, heavily influenced by the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey
. It has 22 domes made from a composite material of glass fibre fabric mixed with epoxy resin to make it durable and light.

Here are some recent photos of the Federal Territory Mosque I took over the weekend...

p924805612-4.jpg
Symmetrical at from the back. The low-angled light hits the back of the mosque in the late evening.

p885549087-4.jpg
It is a huge mosque indeed.

p892245846-4.jpg
The main entrance to the prayer hall

p783870815-4.jpg
One of the worshippers in front of the main entrance

p680411430-4.jpg
Inside the mosque

Would appreciate your comment, criticism or brickbats :)

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Amazing photos!

How did you post process your images? Have you considered trying to adjust the perspective? (Your panel states it is okay to edit so I did a quick edit in PS CC14 below.) The other option to consider to avoid perspective issues is to create a panoramic image.

p924805612-5.jpg

zain

Thanks to all for the favourable comments. Thank you Eduard for the suggestion on straightening the perspective. I know it can be done but I prefer to let the picture stay as it is. The pronounced perspective effect resulted from an ultra wide angle and I am not worried about the converging verticals unless if I shoot for a client and the client wants it without converging verticals. :)