Something of a Phoenix...

AristillusUK

Hi there,

The title of my post refers to a return to a level I was at some 2 years ago. In September 2012 I was suddenly made redundant and went on to endure 21 months of pretty severe hardship. It wasn't for the lack of trying to find employment, but 3 months ago, I finally managed to get back into work. However, while I was unemployed, I had to sell my camera gear just so that I could eat! It was a heartbreaking and yet necessary decision. Now that I am back in work, I am saving up to re-build my camera gear.

Basically, I just need a body and lens to get me active again, and these two items I will quickly accrue. I have most of the other gear I need, tripod, filters, bags, etc, but I am definitely missing having a camera. I used to have the D5000 and three lenses, but have decided to go for the D5200, and the AF-S DX 16-85mm F3.5/5.6G ED VR. Personally, I would love to be able to buy the D800e and the 24-70mm FX zoom, but these are items I will have to work hard towards acquiring some time in the future.

I mostly shoot landscapes and am still on the learning curve. Have one or two ideas for personal photographic projects I'd like to undertake, but first need to get the gear. Once I have made the minimum amount of postings to the forum I will upload some of my images.

Best wishes all.

RON_RIP

I love initiative. When you become active again you will probably be more focused than in the past and will probably do your best work. Good luck to you.

RocketCowboy

Howdy from Texas, and best of luck in getting ramped up to your dreams! Can't wait too see some of your images flowing through the site!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael J.

Welcome to nikonites.

Great character is what I thought when I read your post. That is what makes people successful.
The lens Nikon 16-85 is such a great one. I use it almost all the time on my D5100.

wornish

welcome.gif