What do you think

Rick M

No, I do not think they will drop very much until they are discontinued. Used prices may drop a bit after a while since they become a previous generation and some will upgrade, putting more used on the market. It would be foolish for Nikon to drop the price significantly, it would sabotage sales on the new model.

rocketman122

When the D810 comes out what kind of price will the 800 800e sell for?
Will they drop to around $2,000.00

I think the camera will go on sale when the D810 gets released. I think the D810 will sell for the price the D800e is selling now so I think it will come down to the 2 grand mark but we wont know till its released. but id say, get your paper ready. I would also suggest you might consider getting a mack diamond warranty for around $200 which will give u 3 years of an all risk type warranty. even if you accidentally damaged it, they will repair it. I never buy a new product with it. As a pro I know, the camera shutter will go, and only a matter of time. not when, but if. so in 3 years it will be repaired and that by itself is worth more than $200 for 3 years coverage. but if you go to the beach or even drop it, they will repair it.

Last edited:

Rick M

If the D800e comes down to $2000 in the next year, I will buy one right away! But seriously, a D800e at 2k would almost completely wipe out D610 sales and the new D810 sales. I've gotta hope they are not that foolish.

rocketman122

OH man what a dumb A. My mind was in the $3000 and didnt notice it said $2000. wow big fail. just noticed it now. no way will it hit $2k. I tink the least it sell is $2700. maybe refurbs for $2500. for sure $3000, but no, not $2000.

wow. my mind is tired. haha

I'd like to know the difference also. USA model vs import. I see certain items on BHPhoto which are a few dollars less and specify import.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonicbuffalo_RIP

warranty and in the case of some camera bodies such as the 7100 and I believe the 610, the imports don't have the alloy metal bodies that the US models have. That's the main reason the US models cost more.

Blacktop

I could not find anywhere that it is a new US Warrantied Body. It could be grey market, used or refurb. I doubt you will find a new US model from a reputable dealer at that price.

Reputable dealer is the key word here.
You need to do a search on these companies and do your homework very carefully. There are a lot of horror stories out there about these so called companies.

fotojack

A precedence could be set, too, if some start selling them off really cheap just to get rid of them. Price is always determined by what the market will bear.

rocketman122

When the D810 comes out what kind of price will the 800 800e sell for?
Will they drop to around $2,000.00

Dude, cant get better than that!
Grey market Nikon D800 for $2,099.99 on eBay | Nikon Rumors

I would also suggest getting an all risk type warranty. theres a guy many buy from on ebay.
not affiliated with the guy, but as a pro I never buy any gear without the vip diamond warranty.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/frankyscorners?rt=nc

doing weddings, and as much as you try to look after your gear, it gets abusive use. 3-5 years. the shutter in cameras costs ton to replace and it will go. only a mater of when, not if.

Last edited:

aroy

warranty and in the case of some camera bodies such as the 7100 and I believe the 610, the imports don't have the alloy metal bodies that the US models have. That's the main reason the US models cost more.

That is not possible. Nikon will not have two lines for their bodies. All bodies are same. The reason for lower cost of imports are many, here are some of them :
. Legal imports are handled by the local Nikon Subsidiary, who set the warranty policies, maintain repair facilities and determine the retail price (within a reason).
. Importers buy from whole sale dealers, and the margins for these dealers are any where between 15% and 30%. In India the dealers give a 15% to the retailers, so they will have a bigger margin.
. Imports have no repair liability, hence the dealers need not "waste" any money for repair infrastructure.
. Many unscrupulous importers do import repackaged goods; mostly returns from customers; which they get at a hefty discount.

In short there are many reasons for imports to be much cheaper, than legally imported goods.

marce

Got my D800 £1300, UK model 400 shutter actuations, Currys last Demo model, full Nikon Warranty I think I may have got a bargain...couldn't resist as it was cheaper than the D610 I was going to get.