My Tokina 11-16 Just arrived 1 hour 3 minutes and 12 seconds ago.

Blacktop

I named it Don Henley.:rolleyes: Stevie Nicks and Don Henley go together like Leather and Lace.:GB_bonesrock:
Took some test shots outside the house, and one inside.
So far it looks pretty sharp. I can see now that I'm going to have to get used to shooting with a UW lens.
The real test will be when I go out this weekend and shoot landscape, which is really what I bought this lens for in the first place.

This is not a close up for flowers type of lens. I have my 18-55 for that and will never give that up to shoot flowers with, unless I get divorced and buy a Nikkor 17-55mm.:couple_inlove:

Blacktop

Pretty sharp. I don't know what the crop factors are, but the first is the original and the next two are cropped.
Not much PP in LR. Just the basics.

_DSC1366-2.jpg

_DSC1368.jpg

_DSC1368-2.jpg

Horoscope Fish

Congrats! I love my Tok' 11-16mm but I also find it the most challenging to use well in a creative sense.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with it!

Blacktop

Then I took a few outside before the storm forced me back in the house.
Again, just light PP in LR. Could have gone crazy, but why?
Like I said before, it's not a close up flowers lens. I can however see the potential of this lens for landscape shots.

_DSC1354.jpg

_DSC1355.jpg

_DSC1356.jpg

_DSC1360.jpg

_DSC1361.jpg

Blacktop

Congrats! I love my Tok' 11-16mm but I also find it the most challenging to use well in a creative sense.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with it!

That's exactly what I'm thinking. It will be a challenge but I think when I figure it out it will be a great addition.
Can't wait for the weekend.

Fred Kingston

Not to sidetrack this great thread because the Tok 11-16 is a great value, but...

goto DXO and compare the Tokina 100mm f2.8 numbers with the Nikon 105mm 2.8G numbers... and then look at the price difference... only difference is VR...

Blacktop

Not to sidetrack this great thread because the Tok 11-16 is a great value, but...

goto DXO and compare the Tokina 100mm f2.8 numbers with the Nikon 105mm 2.8G numbers... and then look at the price difference... only difference is VR...

My wife says I can look but not touch.;)