Out For Repairs........ 14 Years

TedG954

I know it's only been a week, but it feels like I sent my Tokina 12-24/4 about 14 years ago.

download (4).jpg
Not my photo. But if it was, I would have taken it with my Tokina 12-24/4.

Last edited:

TedG954

Why is the 12/24 for you greater then a 10-24? I still can't decide which one

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

I believe I based my purchase on photo examples I viewed, as well as some reviews.

In the end, value for what I got for my money made the decision.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice, but stick with the 24 on the long end as it is far more practical than a long end of 16. And, with today's cameras and their ability to handle higher ISOs, a 2.8 vs a 4 doesn't really make a difference for me.

Good luck with your choice and I'm sure you will produce quality photos with either lens.

Last edited:

Michael J.

Good luck with your choice and I'm sure you will produce quality photos with either lens.

Thanks Ted.

The reason why I asked is as you know I've got the Nikon 16-85mm which is such a great lens. I think that the 12 mm are very close to this lens so I was thinking of a sigma 10-20mm. I just wanna do landscape and some indoor shots on a tripod.

After going through my photos I saw that 16-85mm is doing its great job.

Just wrote down my thoughts getting clear my mind and sorry for hijacking your thread.

TedG954

Well, it's been 5.43 weeks, or 38 days, or 912 hours...... depending on how you want to look at it.

My Tokina will arrive home from being repaired on Friday, 7/25.

I wonder if it will still recognize me.

:moody:

FLIGHTO

I guess this us what I have to look forward to. My Tokina 12-28 it making a squeaking sound when focusing. I'm gonna have to send it in on warranty. Not looking forward to the wait since this is my favorite piece of glass I own!!!

How did they do? Did it arrive in one piece?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TedG954

I guess this us what I have to look forward to. My Tokina 12-28 it making a squeaking sound when focusing. I'm gonna have to send it in on warranty. Not looking forward to the wait since this is my favorite piece of glass I own!!!

How did they do? Did it arrive in one piece?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine came back and works fine. You have to remember that mine bounced down a very loose dirt and rocky incline for about 30 feet. It was full of dirt and the mount was broken. I use that lens quite a bit and I'm happy to have it back. They did a good job.