V1 worth upgrading to from S1?

Marker

Hi, been looking at the V1 on ebay, mainly because I'm interested in having the viewfinder. However, I already have an S1 with a couple lenses. So is it worth purchasing a V1 if I could get one for $200-$250, and given that I already have the S1?Thanks.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm kind of biased because I have a V1 and V2 but I would say yes. The EVF alone during the daytime makes it worthwhile.

crashton

I'm in agreement with Eduard. Once you get the V1 & start using its viewfinder you will wonder how you got along without it especially for those out of doors shots.

Marker

Oh I half-expected to hear someone say it isn't worth upgrading to lol

I guess it's worth it. Do the refurbished models come with a warranty from Nikon?

crashton

I think Nikon refurbished have a 90 day warranty. Check with Adorama, they may off an additional warranty.

I know Cameta extends the rufubished warranty out to one year for free.

Marker

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to consider just getting refurbished on adorama instead of used if I go with the V1.

However, now I've been reading about the V2, and I might just wait and save up for this camera. It seems like a bigger jump from an S1 : 0

crashton

Marker- I have the V1 & like it very much. I have gotten used to its ergonomic quirks. Recently I bought a used V2 & while I still like my V1 the V2 is easier to handle for me. The oddness in handling was fixed by Nikon in the V2. Knowing what I know now I'd recommend the V2 over the V1.

Marker

I visited the local camera store earlier today, I handled and turned on the V2, and I really like how it feels and functions. I've decided I am going to save and set aside some cash for the V2. I know this may be a silly question, but does anyone think the price range of the body + 10-30mm lens kit will change any in the next 1-yr period?

Also can anyone comment on buying from outside of the US? Like these below:
New Mirrorless Camera Nikon 1 V2 Lens Kit 1 Nikkor VR 10 30mm F 3 5 5 6 Black 018208276042 | eBay
New Boxed Nikon 1 V2 Camera Body VR 10 30mm F 3 5 5 6 F3 5 5 6 Black 018208276042 | eBay

Lastly, if I purchased one used, what price range should I pay? My rule of thumb is anything more than $200 less than original price...

Thanks