Any comments welcome on any of my favourite pictures

theregsy

No pressure, the image is a HDR composition shot freehand at Whitehaven harbour. Although I have shot more since this was the image that turned me on to what I could do to HDR. Any/all creative criticisms welcome, hope you like.

low_crow_DCE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Carolina Photo Guy

Re: Any comments welcome on on of my favourite pictures

First things first. You have 4 spots that indicate a dirty lens. If you can do HDR, then you can remove the spots with Photoshop or whatever.

Second, you really need to level the horizon. The left side of my monitor was getting wet! I love the composition and the HDR colours are great. You just need to pay attention to the little details.

Hope this helps.

Pete

ps; I used the UK spelling of colours just to make you feel at home. Ain't I special? LOL!

theregsy

LOL thanks for the spelling Pete :) I have a problem with levelling the horizon, the quay then looks really wrong. I don't know quite how I managed it, I must be special LOL. The dust was on the sensor, which I bit the bullet and cleaned but a good point I should revisit and clean the imge. Thanks for the comment.

Carolina Photo Guy

low_crow_DCE.jpg

I took the liberty of showing you what I meant. I used a rotation of 1 degree clockwise. Cropped it to fit and cloned out some of the spots.
I don't usually do this without permission, but I was in a hurry. If I offended, I apologize in advance. I have already deleted the picture from my hard drive.

Hope this helps.

Pete

theregsy

Don't worry Pete, I have been playing myself and produced something very very similar, great minds do think alike :) you are right, its the little things that make all the difference. Not offended at all looks great :)