My next NAS purchase will be .

Bill16

I'm not sure never owning either lens buddy. But from I've heard the 11-16mm is awesome on DX models! And I believe there are two of these lenses for sale here on nikonites right now if you can come up with about $400.00 dollars! :D

TedG954

The 12-24 is a little more practical with more reach. F2.8 isn't really necessary unless you're always shooting in the dark. My 12-24/4 is on my camera 90% of the time.

Elliot87

Tamron 70-300 VC or Nikon 50 1.8G. I will get both at some point, just not decided which to get first. Probably the 300mm as I can make do with the kit lens for the 50mm range.

Blacktop

The 12-24 is a little more practical with more reach. F2.8 isn't really necessary unless you're always shooting in the dark. My 12-24/4 is on my camera 90% of the time.
I am leaning more towards that as well. I would be using it mostly for landscapes so the larger aperture would not be needed really.

Blacktop

Can't decide now. I was going to pull the trigger on the 12-24, now I got the Sigma 10-20 in the mix.

Although the Tokina is a constant F/4 opposed to the Sigmas f/4-5.6.

Does a constant aperture lens have a better quality glass giving you a higher IQ?

I've been looking at both lenses at pixel peepers, and both look great.

Horoscope Fish

Ok, just pulled the trigger on the Tokina 11-16.
Nice! I love my Tok 11-16mm. It's an amazing lens, even though I find it the most difficult to use effectively in a creative sense. I also think you'll find the constant f/2.8 handier than you might think. I think it's one of the best aspects of this lens.

Look foward to seeing what you can do with this lens.