This little guy was lost in my courtyard.

TedG954

For me, this was a pretty extrordinary experience. Actually, it's the first time ever. It had been raining all afternoon and I looked out to see if the weather had changed. Over on the grass, directly in front of my patio, was brown clump. At first, I thought it might be a duck. I put on my glasses. It was a baby deer! It was just laying there in the light rain. I get to see a deer every once in a while, but a baby deer? This was my first in all my years. I tend to act like a kid when things like this happen. I was very excited.

Infant Deer 8sm.jpg

2014-06-04 sm.jpg

2014-06-041 sm.jpg

2014-06-042 sm.jpg

Infant Deer 10 sm.jpg

Last edited:

TedG954

I never saw it arrive. While it wasn't afraid of me, I think it got tired of me taking pictures and it got up and walked away. There are a lot of deer in my neighborhood, so I think it will meet up with mom later. It was eating grass, so I wasn't concerned about it's requirement of milk. In any case it was really a cool experience.

WhiteLight

Wow.. that is so cute!
Thank you very much Ted for sharing... i have never seen a baby deer before either... reminds me of Bambi

Blacktop

I never saw it arrive. While it wasn't afraid of me, I think it got tired of me taking pictures and it got up and walked away. There are a lot of deer in my neighborhood, so I think it will meet up with mom later. It was eating grass, so I wasn't concerned about it's requirement of milk. In any case it was really a cool experience.

That's good.