Cptn. Dribble

sd76

I love photographing my son but recently he's been a bit of a dribble monster as you can see.

Im still very amateur at photography so welcome any critique.....

(sorry image is a wee tad massive!)

f315cb15.jpg

Joseph Bautsch

Good B&W shot of Capt. Dribble. It's a keeper. The only suggestion I have is when shooting faces like this, shoot in the vertical format. The vertical or portrait format follows the vertical lines of the face and will give you better framing and more room for cropping. The shot has good depth of field, what was the EXIF data? The settings on the camera you used to get the shot?

fotojack

sd76..........I'm guessing you're female? :) I'm just going by your avatar photo. :) Nice shot of Capt. Dribble, by the way. And yes, do try to use the vertical format when taking portrait type shots. Looks so much better.

theregsy

Lovely shot, I agree with the above comments to shoot in portrait, but as a preference the eyes look a little soft. I always try to make sure the eyes are sharp it can add more life to the subject. Lovely shot of the good captain though :)

ohkphoto

Snow White
I love the shot . . . dribble and all. While shooting portraits in the vertical is the norm, it isn't always necessary --depends on what you're including in the shot. I'm doing more and more portraits on location instead of in studio, where including parts of the environment in the portrait makes for a nice composition and bokeh, so I mix horizontal and vertical shots.