Loch Arklet, Scotland

Dougie Lee

A wee trip this weekend and hopefully the last of the snow?

Attachments

• loch Arklet.jpg
    loch Arklet.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 158

JoeLewisPhotography

This place looks amazing, and beautiful capture. :D I have 2 critiques....first would be, that you should have moved closer to the water and eliminated some, if not all of the grassy foreground, as well as that tree. As soon as I look at the picture my attention is brought directly to the tree and not the beauty that is behind it. I can see what you were trying to accomplish creatively, and it's still a great picture regardless. Second would be white balance....the snow looks a tad on the grey side...It does appear to be a very dreary sky, so it would take a miracle to make it show more white....but a little brighter wouldnt hurt.....again...this probably could have been eliminated without all that foreground. Just my $0.02 :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Dougie,
One thing you might want to consider is to recrop the picture to level the lake. Right now it seems all the water would flow very rapidly to the right.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Good critiques above for you, Dougie! I especially love the clouds, the scene is beautiful. This is one you could play around with in PP --try cropping in "panorama" form by taking out the foreground . . . you might even get away with leaving the tree in there if you made the sky more dramatic and/or try it in B&W. Keep up the good work!