Help and advice needed

theregsy

Hi, first off I would like to admit that I am skint, not totally skint but certainly not in any position to spend hundreds of quid (English pounds) on a shiny new lens.

However I am after advice on used wide angle stuff, the shortest lenses I own are 28mm which with the usual 1.5x crop on the D2x, doesn't make them all that wide. Can anyone recommend a decent wide angle lens that has been around for a while (don't mind MF glass) that I can search for on fleabay and maybe pick up fairly cheap?
All suggestions welcome. Current cameras are Fuji S2 pro and Nikon D2x, both cost £200 or less, most paid for a lens, £60 Sigma 28-200mm. As you can see I have managed to accumulate a decent amount of decent quality gear for a relatively small amount of cash, I also have Nikon glass f1.8 50mm E lens and the cheap as chips 70-300mm G, its not that I don't want better stuff but money is short.
Thanks for reading

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
How wide do you want to go? If around the 10mm range you might be able to find a used Sigma 10-20mm for around £200

If you don't need to go that wide, check out the 18-55mm kit lens.

Nikonite1222

Hi there-

I am also in the market for a wide angle on limited budget. I have been researching and came across a Nikon 18-53 F3.5-4.5 D-ED and it's running pretty good on e-bay for around 250 to 300 u.s. Dollars. I also searched on Google for images made with that lens on a Nikon D200 (that's my camera) and I found alot and the pictures were pretty stunning. If you search for the same with your d2x,,,you might find some success and I do hope you find everything your looking for and I wish you much happy shooting!!!!

Sincerely-Doug