Nikon D5300 Remote Capture Software

gaspower

Hello,
I am looking for a recommendation for capture software for my D5300. I am coming from a Canon which came with the software. Can someone recommend this soft ware. I am looking to shoot right into my computer and then edit with Photoshop. I would prefer not to have to remove the memory card each time I want to download images into my computer.
Thanks JR

hrvojexyz

Speaking of remote control, is there any not-so-expensive controler for taking pictures ? Did anyone tried that already?

I know it can be done via smartphone..

aroy

Speaking of remote control, is there any not-so-expensive controler for taking pictures ? Did anyone tried that already?

I know it can be done via smartphone..
Nikon software is free
Shooting Wirelessly with Nikon Digital Cameras and Wi-Fi Adapters from Nikon
here are the steps as described in the above link :

[h=3]Step-by-step set-up[/h] 1. In order to use the WU-1a or WU-1b Wi-Fi adapter, you’ll need to download the free “Wireless Mobile Adapter Utility” app. For folks using Android-powered devices, download the app from the Google Play service and install it on your Android™-powered smart device (phone [2.3 or later] or tablet [3.x or later])**. For folks using an iPhone® or iPad®: iOS version 6.0, download the app from the iTunes Online Store®. Once the app is installed, follow steps 2 - 6 every time you want to shoot with your camera and upload images using the WU-1a/WU-1b Wi-Fi adapter.
2. Insert the WU-1a or WU-1b into the port on the respective camera body and turn the camera on.
3. On your smart device (phone/tablet) open the Wi-Fi settings and select “WPS button connection.”

4. Press the WPS button on the WU-1a/WU-1b, holding it down for about 5 seconds, until the LED on the adapter flashes red and green.
5. Once the connection is established, the LED will glow green, and the main dialog box for the utility app will display on the smart device.
6. You can now access the camera from the utility. Upon selecting the Take Pictures Remotely option in the app, Live View is started automatically, allowing you to now see what the camera sees.
Your imaging needs and smart device will likely determine the file size/type that you shoot images with that are going to be transferred from the camera via the Wi-Fi adapter. The D3200, D5200, D7100, D600 and D610 are a 24-megapixel HD-SLR cameras and the Df is a 16.2-megapixel camera, however you probably won’t want to shoot using the maximum resolution of the camera if you’re planning on sending images to a smart device using the Wi-Fi adapter. This is because the larger the file size, the longer it will take to travel from the camera to the device, so it is suggested that you use JPG rather than NEF. JPG fine/large will also give you larger files than choosing JPG Basic/medium or small. For a balance of high image quality and fast image transfer, we recommend jpg/fine/medium. Similarly, you probably wouldn't want to download images from your Nikon 1 V2, Nikon 1 S1, Nikon 1 J3, Nikon 1 AW1 or COOLPIX A, P7800, P520 and P330 at its highest resolution to your smart device.
When you are done shooting, turn the camera off and disconnect the WU-1a/WU-1b adapter. If, while shooting, you turn the camera off to conserve battery power, the Wi-Fi adapter will also be powered off, however when you turn the camera back on, the Wi-FI adapter will turn back on and should reestablish the Wi-Fi connection automatically. (If the connection is not automatically reestablished, simply select the Wu-1a/WU-1b device from the device menu in your smart phone or tablet.
Once the files are on your smartphone or tablet, that device’s Wi-Fi or cellular service is used to send the files on to websites or attached to emails.

480sparky

Nikon's WMU software is what I call CrippleWare. It really doesn't do much other than actuate the shutter on the camera.

Instead, I use DSLR Dashboard.

RocketCowboy

I haven't worked with DSLR Dashboard, but will echo my disappointment with WMU. I don't know if they (Nikon) just don't want to risk taking sales from their Camera Control software, but WMU was pretty over-hyped in the marketing material out there for the D5300.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk