Strange noise in the D300

Jessica Viana

Eu estou desesperado, eu tenho um D300 usado um parente porque ele estava indo para viver em outro país, mas ela tem um pouco de idade, e ele se esqueceu de me dar a bateria junto com a câmera, o caminho era para comprar 2 novas baterias (EN-EL3e) no entanto, quando eu estava testando a câmera, pois até então ainda não tinha visto isso, eu fiquei surpreso. O visor mostra 'Err' e pressionar o botão para tirar uma foto, ele só faz um barulho alto e estranho. Será que a bateria não é compatível (comprado em Aliexpress) ou deve ser outro problema? eo que seria isso?
Já, Thanks!

Bill16

Welcome to nikonites! Sorry but other than a few words I can't figure out what your saying. I'm guessing when you put the batteries in that your D300 is making some kind of noise and your wondering if any of us have had this issue. If you posted in English it would help, and maybe I could offer some advice. :)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Eu estou desesperado, eu tenho um D300 usado um parente porque ele estava indo para viver em outro país, mas ela tem um pouco de idade, e ele se esqueceu de me dar a bateria junto com a câmera, o caminho era para comprar 2 novas baterias (EN-EL3e) no entanto, quando eu estava testando a câmera, pois até então ainda não tinha visto isso, eu fiquei surpreso. O visor mostra 'Err' e pressionar o botão para tirar uma foto, ele só faz um barulho alto e estranho. Será que a bateria não é compatível (comprado em Aliexpress) ou deve ser outro problema? eo que seria isso?
Já, Thanks!

I Googled the translation (Portuguese):

I'm desperate, I have a D300 used a relative because he was going to live in another country, but she is a bit old, and he forgot to give me the battery along with the camera, the way was to buy 2 new batteries (EN-EL3e) however, when I was testing the camera, because until then had not yet seen it, I was surprised. The display shows 'Err' and press the button to take a picture, it just makes a loud and strange noise. Does the battery is not compatible (bought in Aliexpress) or must be another problem? and what would that be?
already.

fotojack

Methinks she forgot to put a Compact Flash card in the camera, hence the "Err" sign. :) And I believe the noise is because the camera is on the "Demo" setting.

Bill16

That doesn't sound like a battery issue to me. It sorta sounds like a lens connection problem. It sounds like the D300 is trying to auto focus, but the lens is either not connected right or the lens is damaged or maybe it's a non ai lens. I would stop right away, and check to make sure the lens is not damaged, that it is the right type of lens, and that it is connected right. If that isn't the issue I'd think about sending it in for repair.

fotojack

Ya know, I think you're right about the noise issue. The lens is probably not clicked all the way. Good thinking, Bill! :)

I wish people that get new equipment would read the instructions first before rushing to play with it. I think I'm getting cranky in my old age! :) lol

Bill16

Thanks bud! Once in a while my brain works! Lol :p

Ya know, I think you're right about the noise issue. The lens is probably not clicked all the way. Good thinking, Bill! :)

I wish people that get new equipment would read the instructions first before rushing to play with it. I think I'm getting cranky in my old age! :) lol

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
When an older "D" battery is inserted, if the f-stop is not set to the minimum, the display will also show the "ERR" message mentioned.

Blacktop

First day I had my D3100, I was cranking the focus ring on the 18-55 trying to manual focus while in autofocus. I turned that thing pretty hard a few times before I realized what was happening.:stupid:
That 18-55 is a pretty tough lens I tell ya.