Test: Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 on D5100

Michael J.

Yesterday I tried some quick shots with the 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM on my D5100. I wanted see how it performance on my D5100, handheld in different situation, such as indoors low light and outdoors. I paid attention of the distortion.

All photos are just snaps. I shot RAW imported in LR 3.6. No PP was done, just used convert do JPEG using "NO" and "YES" enable profile corrections

o.jpgm.jpg

Michael J.

enable profile corrections on

4m-1.jpg

enable profile corrections off
4o-1.jpg

1m-1.jpg

enable profile corrections of

1o-1.jpg

2m-1.jpg

2o-1.jpg

3m-1.jpg

3o-1.jpg

TedG954

It's definitely wide. Are you going to get it?

I enjoy wide angle shooting more than anything. I'll be looking forward to seeing your travel photos.

Michael J.

Cos that I have the Nikon 16-85mm I got in my mind that the Sigma 1--20mm is the better choice for me than the Tokina 12-24 or the Tokina 11-16mm.

If I get a wide angle I will use it for landscape and Temple Indoor using on a tripod. So the F2.8 is not that bid need for me.

If I get th esigma 10-20 I wanna get a ND Filder as well do to some beach-shoot. I wanna buy a got filter. I sit possible using a Filter on the sigma 10-20mm

Blacktop

Good luck with it. I almost bought that one. I already had it in my cart at Adorama, but I was still considering the Tokina 11_16.
Then I ran across one here at the Marketplace for a good price, so I bought it.