The V3 is out so I buy a V2

crashton

Hi Folks since the V3 has come out & for me it is just a whee bit too pricey I've bought my sister's V2, with the power zoom kit lens from her new V3. She likes new toys & has always been an early adopter. Me I'm quite happy to buy a 2 year old best new thing.

I'm used to my V1 so this V2 will take some getting used to for me. The oddness of the V1 has grown on me. I may ask seemingly stupid questions about the V2 in the near future so please be kind to me. :)

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Folks since the V3 has come out & for me it is just a whee bit too pricey I've bought my sister's V2, with the power zoom kit lens from her new V3. She likes new toys & has always been an early adopter. Me I'm quite happy to buy a 2 year old best new thing.

I'm used to my V1 so this V2 will take some getting used to for me. The oddness of the V1 has grown on me. I may ask seemingly stupid questions about the V2 in the near future so please be kind to me. :)

I just got my V2 too. . .

crashton

Well maybe we can answer each other's questions. Did you buy one of the ones they had at Henry's? I almost did, but when I heard my sister had a V3 on order I knew she'd sell the V2 to me.

crashton

I have heard good things about Henry's. Now I've heard one more. Glad it worked out for you.

I was expecting a V2 fire sale but it never happened here in the states. Maybe after the beating Nikon took on the V1 they learned their lesson.

Rick M

Henry's is located in Toronto. Exchange rates vary by the day. Today it is 1.09 US for every Canadian dollar.

Thanks! So that works out to about $544, any idea if we pay state sales tax on an international order? I'm also wondering about Warranty.

crashton

No idea of taxes paid. Maybe Eduard can fill you in. The camera comes with a Nikon Canada warranty not a US one. I believe you can buy a warranty through Henry's if you feel the need.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks! So that works out to about $544, any idea if we pay state sales tax on an international order? I'm also wondering about Warranty.

I think you've got your conversion wrong. 1 US dollars= 1.09 canadian dollars, so 499 Canadian could be around 457.99. not 544.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Are they only in Canada? If so, how was the exchange rate?

Not bad. FYI Henry's only accepts PayPal for shipment out of the country.

Henry's is located in Toronto. Exchange rates vary by the day. Today it is 1.09 US for every Canadian dollar.

I just calculated the effective rate through PayPal the day I purchased and it was just under $1.06 USD

My order total for the V2 was $502.94 Canadian including the $12.95 shipping fee. No sales tax or warranty.