Sdxc

Joseph Bautsch

If you look on page 177 of the users manual you will find a list of the Approved Memory Cards. It indicates the SDXC is supported for 64 GB for SanDisk, Toshiba and Panasonic cards and will probably work. BUT I don't recommend using any card with that much memory. Not because it dosen't work but because you should not put all of your eggs in one basket. I use eight 4GB High Speed SDHC cards. If one goes bad, it's not a big loss. If your 64GB goes bad you have lost a lot, not only in money but maybe a lot of shots. These cards are the weak link in the memory storage process. They go bad all too often. Hope this helps.

Relax

I appreciate the suggestion. To start with, I took a 16GB card. To transfer the shots to my computer I use a USB cable, but I was wondering if an Eye-Fi card with 802.11n could be a more convenient way.

Last edited:

Joseph Bautsch

Eye-Fi works well. I don't use it because, as I understand, you have to be in a Wi-Fi zone to use it. Most of the file transferring I do is in the field where Wi-Fi is rare. So I use a card reader. Also I usually have multiple projects on one card, shots I don't want uploaded, and IPTC data, key words and captions I want added before the shots are uploaded. An Eye-Fi auto upload doesn't allow for that kind of control.

AxeMan - Rick S.

I was wondering if an Eye-Fi card with 802.11n could be a more convenient way.

The Eye-Fi 4GB WILL NOT SUPORT RAW / NEF FILES for wireless transfers, only JPG'S. If you want to shoot and upload RAW files you're going to have to upgrade to the Eye-Fi PRO 4GB (Amazon $119.00)

Last edited by a moderator: