My second attempt at raw post processing!

Bill16

I'm dedicating this photo to my buddy who donated this laptop to me and helped me get a post processing program! @Blacktop

This flower is tiny and i'm quite proud of how well it came out for me!:D

dsc_7652_954976.jpg

Last edited:

Bill16

They look like the colors did to me when I saw it. But maybe it would look better if they were punched up. I just wanted to show what I saw it like, so I'm satisfied with the colors and how well it turned out. :D

Colors look alittle flat to me Bill...

DraganDL

Good. I guess, what our colleague ShootRaw meant was the overall contrast and/or the color saturation can be edited so that the red color would pop up a little more. Like here:

flower.jpg

Bill16

Yes I see what you mean my friend! I was just trying to match the actual colors, and wasn't thinking of improving the colors beyond what the flower was. :)

But your right it looks better the way you've edited it! :D

Good. I guess, what our colleague ShootRaw meant was the overall contrast and/or the color saturation can be edited so that the red color would pop up a little more. Like here:

View attachment 92482

DraganDL

Yeah, of course, it is much better if it is edited within the RAW processing than doing it with the jpg, like I did - that is one of the advantages of shooting in RAW...

Bill16

Here it is slightly punched up without going too far beyond the flower's natural colors!
Is it a bit better my friends?

PUNCHED UP VERSION
dsc_7652-1.jpg

BEFORE
dsc_7652_954976.jpg

Last edited:

Woodyg3

Contributor
I like your second attempt better, and I like the fact that you are trying to keep the colors like the real flower.