New Lens & Body

zutty

I just received my 24-70 2.8 & D7100 today so I took them out and did a test shoot to make sure they were working properly. Only 1 problem: Although they look pretty sharp to me, I have absolutely no experience with which to gauge the results. I was hoping some of you might take a look and just tell me if the lens looks sharp enough. I know it's a DX body, but I'm hoping y'all might just relieve neurotic me that I didn't get a dud...Thanks!

Attachments

• 7100 Bug Light 24-70 #1 HD6b.jpg
    7100 Bug Light 24-70 #1 HD6b.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
  • 7100 Bug Light 24-70 #1 HD7b.jpg
    7100 Bug Light 24-70 #1 HD7b.jpg
    954.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

DraganDL

Our colleague probably meant that it is not easy to tell whether it is or isn't focused properly - it would have been better if there was some closer (nearer) object to serve as a reference. But, it seems like the clouds/trails are sharp, and the focus point was set somewhere close to infinity, I guess. If it is so, the lens and the camera work fine...

The first shot is taken with 70mm position, and the second with 24mm, right?

Last edited:

pedroj

The images are to cluttered and small....Very difficult to determine sharpness...

What was your aperture, shutter speed, ISO, focal point and focal distance....

zutty

I believe the iso was 100 at 24mm, 1/125 at 5.6. Handheld. Is there any way to post a RAW file or reduce a RAW file? My post-processing skills are limited, but I'm learning.

Last edited: