Sold the D3100 with my favorite lens.

Blacktop

I sold the D3100 with my 18-55mm kit lens. I sold it locally so there was no shipping involved, just cash on the barrel.
I made her a nice deal, she got everything that came with the camera originally, plus an 8Gig Lexar class 10 card and a lens hood.

Now I have a problem. My favorite lens in the whole wide world is now gone.:(
This what I'm thinking.
1. Get a refurb 18-55 kit lens.
2. Sell my 55-200, and get a used 18-200 VR1 for around 300 dollars.
I can't afford much more. Hell, I can't even afford that.
Time to sell some more stuff.:hopelessness:

Blacktop

I would have figured you'd like your Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8 lens better bud?

It was pretty much a toss up. I really liked the 50mm indoors better then the 18-55, but outdoors, I much prefered the latter.
However, the 50 seems to perform better now on Stevie Nicks (D300) as now I can auto focus with it.

Browncoat

I made her a nice deal, she got everything that came with the camera originally, plus an 8Gig Lexar class 10 card and a lens hood.

Hopefully, she'll go home and start up a new Facebook page and call herself a pro photographer. We need more of those.

:rolleyes:

Bill16

Oh I see! Lol :) I would prefer the Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8 lens over my Nikkor 18-55 Len is why I asked! I thought you'd feel the same way, so I was confused, forgetting that your 50mm was manual focus on your D3100!Lol :)
It was pretty much a toss up. I really liked the 50mm indoors better then the 18-55, but outdoors, I much prefered the latter.
However, the 50 seems to perform better now on Stevie Nicks (D300) as now I can auto focus with it.

PaulPosition

Yeah, entry level dslr's viewfinder are a pain to use for manual focus, it's like it doesn't "see" the dof gets veven shorter at the widest aperture (1.8 shows the same as f2.8 or 3.5). There's almost no choice but to use live-view... I wish I'd waited and saved for the af-s one for my d5200.

Last edited:

Blacktop

Yeah, entry level dslr's viewfinder are a pain to use for manual focus, it's like it doesn't "see" the dof gets veven shorter at the widest aperture (1.8 shows the same as f2.8 or 3.5). There's almost no choice but to use live-view... I wish I'd waited and saved for the af-s one for my d5200.

You can probably sell your 50D for a 100 dollars US, and get the af-s model.

Blacktop

Care to make a wager on that? I'd need a few details to place an actual bet, but if she's a 20 or 30-something, the odds aren't going to be in your favor.

:)

Why does this bother you so much? If you make your living as a real professional photographer some amature with a D3100 calling herself a "pro" should not be a threat to your business.

Browncoat

A threat? No.

The world just doesn't need another Facebook fauxtographer. It bastardizes the entire industry just a little bit more.

PaulPosition

What you mean? People watermarking a vain "John Doe Photography" on the pics they post to Fakebook and Click'r?

Unless someone represents himself on the basis of a portfolio ripped from other people's work, I don't see what would make them "faux". Why you'd give even half a flying ... hem.. thought about wannabes, I have no idea.

Sandpatch

I don't have suggestions Blacktop, but I do want to say that I very much enjoy your photography and your thoughtful commentary throughout the forum. Enjoy your new D300! I'm looking forward to seeing your work.