USB connection to my new Mac

Zace66

Hi all, I hope this is something simple.
I have the correct USB cable to connect my d3100 to my mac, but it does not register it as connected. Anyone any ideas please? Is there an update I need on the mac to allow it to see the d3100? will the firmware upgrade solve this?
Thanks.

barriebw

Hi
I have just bought a D3100 at the Imaging Show in Birmingham and still getting the hang of it. I did conect to my Apple PowerBook Pro with a cable and iPhotos automatically uploaded the few photos I had taken on the 3100. No problems. I subsequently placed the memory card into a SD memory card USB reader and it iPhoto also loaded the photos. No problems, all automatically while I sat and watched.
So, all I ask do you have iPhoto or Aperture on you Mac?

Zace66

I have both....
I didn't know about the card reader. as soon as i plug the card in there I have my pictures - thankyou very much.
Still nothing plugging my camera in :(
I am just updating the firmware.

Zace66

well Ive updated the firmware and STILL nothing when I plug the camera in. Do I need to do anything on the camera? This just seems ODD.

Zace66

WOW - of course, neither of the cables I have had the RF choke on them. I added it to the nice new cable i bought for the camera - no joy... add the big magnet... still no joy.
So try my original 30cm cable, add the small magnet and VOILA...
So it seems the amazon cable I purchased is of no use - ho hum. The cable had no collar on it despite it showing on the image.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000QJG4SC/ref=oss_product
Ah well - you have solved my problem - thankyou so very much.