How to continue shooting video ?????

sharif.al

Dear All,
I am Sharif Al-Hamidi , wedding photography
I have bought the new D7100 , but really I have some questions :
1 - I feel that its quality does not differ a lot from D7000 which I bought before three years or I need to make special settings ?
2 - I need to put it on a crane and the video clip is only 20 minutes and I do not to stop shooting on crane and start a new clip
is there a way to start a new video clip automatically ??
3- what are the best video lenses for it . ( price between 250$ - 350 $ )

gqtuazon

Gear Head
The video clips are firmware restricted and it applies to all DSLR. Max recording is 29 minutes 59 secs depending on the quality. There is no way to set it automatic.

With that budget, a prime lens would be better instead of kit lenses. Consider mf lenses such as Samyang or rokinon for video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandpatch

I do not own a D7100, but somewhere on this forum is discussion and a link to hacked software that will extend the video run time beyond 20 Minutes. Nikon coded the 20 Minute limit so as to not overheat the circuitry within the camera, so proceed at your own risk. These are primarily still cameras with video as an adjunct function, so you may not be able to overcome the D7100's limitations in a way that a pure video camera could. I hope you do well with your wedding photography.

sharif.al

Dear all
Thanks for all he help
1- Do we have special wireless remote that can help to start a new video clip while the camera on the crane ?
2- do we have a fixed focal length with zoom also ?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Dear all
Thanks for all he help
1- Do we have special wireless remote that can help to start a new video clip while the camera on the crane ?
2- do we have a fixed focal length with zoom also ?

1. I'm not sure on what technology is available out there. I'm thinking Nikon's proprietary wireless remote that allows you to control you camera via iphone.

2. You lost me on that one. Think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulPosition

Even with hacked firmware, you won't get much more than 20-30 minutes of Non-interrupted HD video out of a dslr because the filesystem on those sd or cf cards we use has a limit on file size of about 4 GB.

Last edited: