Blue Pics wtih D-90

Michael Black

I have a problem when shooting in any mode except Auto,all my pics turn out very blue. this happens more so when I try to shoot in "M" mode and using Bracketing. I also check the meta data from a pic set in auto and use it as a starting point when I shoot in "M", and the pics in auto come out nice. can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Joseph Bautsch

Check the white balance settings. Look at page 95 in the manual. It will run through the settings and you can see where your settings are off. You can also do a two-button reset to bring the settings back to factory. That will put the WB to auto and the fine tuning to 0 and the color temp to 5000K. The reason "Auto" comes out nice is the camera controls the exposure including the WB. That leads me to believe the WB setting the camera is set to use is way off giving you very cool shots. Doing a reset should bring it back to normal.

Mike150

I believe the white balance is set to Tungsten

I had the identical problem a while back and WB at Tungsten was the cause. Not all was lost, I was able to change the White Balance in Lightroom and salvage the photos.

Last edited by a moderator: