Lightroom the Flowers

Eyelight

This is mostly about learning the Lightroom part of photography, so I figured here is as good a place as any for the thread.

I have processed maybe a dozen or so images and kind of almost getting the hang of it. Thought about posting a final image here to get some feedback, but then had the idea it would interesting to see what a few others would do to a particular image without being influenced by what I had done. I'll add the one I have already Lightroomed later.

So, if anyone has a few minutes and wants to participate by Lightrooming this image, that would be peachy (fine and or dandy, a good thing).

Full size JPEG available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/da8orsraaivdfmn/AADHiVAMLv1Y57tdcqUWb-p9a

DSC_0119a_960.JPG

Last edited:

wev

Contributor
Just what I would do with it -- obviously working from the original would have a considerable effect on the finished image (which is not to say I have any great talents at this)

bob.jpg

Last edited:

Eyelight

Just what I would do with it -- obviously working from the original would have a considerable effect on the finished image

View attachment 91156

My first run was with the original, but I figured downsizing would affect the outcome, so I did a second one after I downsized the original (960 pixels long edge), before starting the thread.

Thanks for the @wev rendition.

Eyelight

I hate editing jpeg files.

I thought about uploading an NEF, but figured the forum could not display it. I was doing some test shooting the other day and had RAW turned off and forgot to turn it back on before the flower shot, or I would attempt to upload the file.

Blacktop

Normally when I import a shot into lightroom from my camera/sd card, and it's out of focus, I delete it. Not much you can do with an out of focus shot.
Don't feel bad. It happens a lot.

Eyelight

Seriously not trying to be a smartass. It does look OOF to me. Maybe my eyesight is going.

Nah. If there is an eyesight in question, it would have to be mine. I have CSS as well as CRS Syndromes.

I think I was focusing on using Lightroom, which did improve the image, and not really thinking about using a sharper image for the thread.

I think the softness comes from overexposure and lost detail in the petals. It was bright sun. Coulda shoulda dropped the ISO and even then shortened the shutter a little. I can't get used to the idea that I can change the film speed without changing the roll.

Eyelight

I appreciate the the input and everyone's efforts.

Here is my original fix finished before starting the thread. Comments welcome.

DSC_0119_960.JPG