d7000 clean image sensor problem

fotojack

Have you tried contacting Nikon about this problem? Sounds like a software glitch to me. I'm going to assume your camera is still under warranty. Maybe try to take it back to where you bought it and have them take a look at it, or even replace it for you. Maybe someone else has some better ideas. Hopefully you'll get this problem resolved.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't think this is abnormal. When you go in the menuand press OK at the clean image sensor, youi get into the submenu where you have the following choices: Clean now, or, Clean at startup/shutdown. If you press the clean at startup/shutdown, you then get into another submenu. Now, whatever choices you make when in the submenu, after you press OK, you'll come right aback at the "Clean sensor" top menu.
This is what my D 7000 does. If, after the first submenu, I select "clean sensor now", then I'll see the popup "cleaning sensor" for a little while and then it comes right back at the "clean sensor" menu.
Hope this clears it up for you.

jtzhen

How come my camera would not let me to use the Clean Image Sensor option? I was told that it is not available for my current setting? What setting should it be? Thanks.

BackdoorArts

Is your battery low? I know that you need at least 60% before it'll let you pop the mirror for cleaning. The manual is pretty specific on stuff like this.