A Worthy Photo Project

Browncoat

This is some cool stuff: Not All Wear Capes

...is a series of photographs honoring the men and women who risk their lives for our community on a daily basis. This series is a celebration of our communities' guardian and a memorial to the healers that put us back together when our bodies are broken. The women and men in this series are those who inspire our children to be noble and brave! They do what they do not for reward but because they want to make our community, our home, and our country a better place. Though they don't wear capes, these are our HEROES!

Browncoat

I love that shot with the K9 cop car and the dog looks so focused on the task at hand.

That's my favorite shot.

When I did a photojournalism internship in 2011, I got to cover several police training events, including a few with the K9 units. Those dogs are very intense...I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one.

One of the gigs was a PR kind of thing with the K9 dogs and kids. The police wanted to show that the dogs are very friendly and are great with kids. They run and play just like normal dogs. But when it's time to go to work, look out.