rain

al84

im thinking of going london for the day on monday and there is a chance it will rain.and i dont have any kinda case i can put me camera in.should i avoid getting it wet at all?

Eyelight

Check the manual under Caring for the Camera and I think you will find it mentions it is not waterproof and immersion in water or high humidity can cause problems.

I imagine getting caught in a sprinkle isn't going to hurt, but would still avoid getting anything wet.

When I hike or backpack or even while working, I carry enough Ziploc baggies and poly trash bags (size dependent on pack and bag size), so if caught unexpectedly, I can protect the gear for a prolonged deluge.

SteveL54

Same thing I do. Plus the pack I carry has a built in rain cover. Gotta love lowepro packs!

Sounds like the same one that I have (Nova) with the rain cover folded up underneath.
They work great, but it can be a challenge getting it folded and tucked up neatly in that compartment.

Pretzel

Same thing I do. Plus the pack I carry has a built in rain cover. Gotta love lowepro packs!

Ditto! I use the Slingshot AW 202, and it's got a hidden rain flap. It doesn't cover the whole bag, but all of the outer edges. The back is on riding on MY back, so is protected there. Plus, any time I get something with those silica gel pacs, I keep it and throw it in a small unused area in the bag. It helps keep out the extra humidity that can get in there if parts of the pack get wet before I can get to dryer spots. That and eyelight's trick of some gallon sized ziploc bags takes care of any worry I might have.