My Oriole story continues..

Don Kondra

To recap, my first and only sighting and capture of an oriole was in 2009, sigh...

Newvisitor.jpg

Then this little beauty showed up four days ago
heartpump.gif

Oriolethree_zps2315415e.jpg

I was concerned they would continue on their way before I could get set up with some grape jelly but yesterday morning I was up at 6:30 and had barely sat down on the couch when this specimen arrived.

It spent the better part of five minutes sipping from the feeder and then had a little snack of suet...

Oriolefour_zpsdc5c91dc.jpg

It was later in the day before I could find the time to wire an 8' length of poplar branch to the pipe that holds up my hummingbird feeder and cut a jelly container out of an old pill bottle. Within an hour I had a visitor.

They really do like their grape jelly
icon_biggrin.gif

Orioleeating_zpsd0678721.jpg

Oriolefive_zpsf50939f9.jpg

It has been four days at this point so I am optimistic they will stay awhile !

Cheers, Don

Don Kondra

Deezey

Congratulations on the return of the Orioles! They are an infrequent visitor around my parts too. But then I have been pretty busy watching the Indigo Buntings and the nesting pair of Blue Grosbeaks.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

BackdoorArts

Funny to see it at the hummingbird feeder. We have an Oriole feeder, which is largely the same thing only orange, and while we've yet to get the Oriole there this year the hummingbirds seem to love it.

Ask for old oranges at the supermarket that they're getting ready to toss (some will give them to you - at least if you're pretty like my wife), cut them in half and impale them on small branches. The Orioles love them as well.

Looks like you might have a summer resident!!