Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 os version

bandit993

Got tired of the run around about the Tamron 150-600mm here in Canada so I bought the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 os lens. So far all I can say is 'Wow"... I am not a pro so I am sure that they would find this lens not as good as the Nikon version but I just couldn't see paying $1000 more for the Nikon one. I may still buy the Tamron IF it ever gets to Canada but I like the Sigma. Any other input from anyone on that lens. I use it on a D5200...

slowpoke

I put the Sigma 2X teleconverter on my Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 OS on my D7100 for long bird shots.You might try looking at some of my shots here on the telephoto page.It's called Why I shot the Sigma 70-200.Your going to love this lens.

bandit993

Hello Slowpoke. Do you think the 2x teleconverter with the 70-200mm will work ok on the D5200? I am looking at that trio. I want to try it first to make sure it works. Your pics are incredible by the way. Thanks for sharing..

slowpoke

Thanks,bandit993.If you get the chance to try the lens and 2x,you'll be way ahead of the game.I didn't have the chance so I'm glad everything worked in my favor for once.lol I can't see why it won't work on the D5200.
All the Best

bandit993

I picked up the 2x tele converter for my 70-200mm sigma. Just played with it a little. It does like the light... but 400mm f 5.6 is not terrible. For all they say that the D5200 is a good low light camera, I am not too happy with it in those conditions. Looking forward to some bright sunny days with the combo though.