Adorama, wow!

Blacktop

I was going to order the D300 from them, but the guy can't tell me the shutter count. He said that information is not available.
See ya.

Bill16

I bought mine off eBay, after checking for actuations count,price and rep. I would suggest looking for one that has less than say 25,000 actuations. :)

Blacktop

lol sounds strange. Adorama is usually top notch. My refurbed 85mm 1.8G came from them.

Yea, I know. I bought a bunch of stuff from them already, but I'm not buying a used camera without knowing the actuation count. It's not that difficult of a thing to figure out.

Browncoat

That's lame.

Nikon has embedded shutter count into every JPEG since what...2004? Hell, there's even a couple sites where you can just upload an image and it will tell you the count.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I've found that nowadays practically ALL customer service and sales people suck eggs. I don't know how they got and keep their jobs, but some of the answers I've gotten are either lies, half truths, or plain lame. I used to work in sales, and I gave people correct information even if it slowed me down. I also returned calls and got back to customers when I said I would. I was usually in the top 3 sales performers pretty much everywhere I sold. I hate buying stuff now because you can't trust the sales people for accurate information.

Englischdude

I've found that nowadays practically ALL customer service and sales people suck eggs. I don't know how they got and keep their jobs, but some of the answers I've gotten are either lies, half truths, or plain lame. I used to work in sales, and I gave people correct information even if it slowed me down. I also returned calls and got back to customers when I said I would. I was usually in the top 3 sales performers pretty much everywhere I sold. I hate buying stuff now because you can't trust the sales people for accurate information.

chris the answer is simple, cheap employment! I remember calling NIKON technical support and got through in the end to a lady who I could hear was flipping through a Q&A cheat sheet. Employ a monkey, you only have to pay peanuts!

crashton

KEH, a respected purveyor of used cameras does not provide shutter counts either. I know some folks have bought high shutter count cameras & sent them back for refund or exchange. I'd ask Adorama if a refund was possible n a high shutter count camera. IMO KEH B&H & Adorama are all pretty good places to deal with.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
A better way to find out is to ask the sales rep to take a snap and email it to you. I bring my own memory card to try their cameras then use the files from the card to determine the shutter count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk