<-- Guess who the newest D800 owner is? This guy!

Browncoat

Finally pulled the trigger. Today's haul:

D800
Grip
Extra battery
SB-910
Lens cloth

Yet to be purchased (local shop was out)
LCD protector
Wireless

One issue though...the D800 isn't liking my CF card, I keep getting an error. I bought that card and it went straight into my D300s, never removed it. Went straight from the D300s into the D800 and it won't work.

What are the odds of me cooking it with static shock?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
congrats for the D800 Anthony. I'm sure you'll put it to great use.

Share some pics will ya.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Found out about the card. Apparently the D800 is picky. One more item to add to the NAS list...I'm gonna need a bigger card for these huge files anyway.

CompactFlash Card Compatibility with Nikon D800 | Nikon D800

I experience that when I installed the latest firmware. My LEXAR CF 400X 64gb card started malfunctioning and the green indicating light stayed on even if I turn-off the camera. I was able to make it to work again when I pulled out the battery, re-formatted the CF card with my D3s. After doing that, the card functioned normally (for now).

Congrats on your new camera.

Browncoat

congrats for the D800 Anthony. I'm sure you'll put it to great use.

Share some pics will ya.

Danke. I just printed Ken Rockwell's D800 setup guide. I wanna be sure to set up my camera just_like_Ken before I get started! Don't worry, I sent a donation to help feed his starving family.

I ordered a new CF card right off the approved list, right down to the serial number. Hopefully that will put that issue to rest. For now I'll have to rely on my SD card. Odd...the SD card is the same brand as the CF card that won't work, but the SD card is just fine.

:confused:

SkvLTD

Danke. I just printed Ken Rockwell's D800 setup guide. I wanna be sure to set up my camera just_like_Ken before I get started! Don't worry, I sent a donation to help feed his starving family.

I ordered a new CF card right off the approved list, right down to the serial number. Hopefully that will put that issue to rest. For now I'll have to rely on my SD card. Odd...the SD card is the same brand as the CF card that won't work, but the SD card is just fine.

:confused:

Well, at least you'll never have to worry about file size when shooting exclusively in jpeg, since you know, it does the job most of the time.

wornish

Congrats on your new D800.
There will always be price drops but you would be waiting forever to get the lowest price. Dive in and enjoy taking pics rather than worry about price drops.