P7800 shutter release

Nikon78

I bought a P7800 when they first arrived in town. I have been very pleased with its performance and use it far more than I ever expected. Recently I discovered an issue with these cameras. I have had several occasions when the shutter released without the camera achieving focus. I have checked the manual, the menus, and several on-line searches but have been unable to find a way to correct this. I have come to believe this is the way they were designed to work, however I thought I would ask if any one has a solution.

WayneF

I was not familiar with the P7800, but I checked through its manual online. DSLR do have an AF-C feature which allows shutter release before focus (intended for Continuous shutter bursts to follow fast action, while it is focusing), but I did not find the same feature menu in the P7800 (it has Continuous, but doesn't mention exceptions for focus). But it does "find the subject" to focus on different areas of the frame, and I wondered if possibly it was sometimes just focusing on a different subject area than intended?

I was impressed with the P7800 description in the manual. It has lots of features.

Nikon78

It is not a focusing on an unintended object. I have tested making sure the camera was not in focus, focus bracket was red, the shutter still releases. This situation is annoying, but this is still a good camera. As you noted, it has many very good features, and very good image quality.

Laverne