Need help finding out what kind of USB plug this is.

wade7575

I have a Nikon L820 and I don't know what the end is called that goes into the Camera for the data transfer,I know it's not Micro or Mini USB from what my google search's have brought up,can you guy's tell me what the small plug end is called as I really need to get a longer one.

Attachments

• DSCN0035.jpg
    DSCN0035.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN0035.jpg
    DSCN0035.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN0045.jpg
    DSCN0045.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 180

SteveH

It should be Mini USB - Mini appears slightly larger and fatter than the Micro-usb.

Both my D3100 & my D7100 have had mini-usb. Most non-Apple phones have MICRO-usb.

nickt

Like Mike said, extend from the 'normal' end. Your camera uses a Nikon UC-E16 usb cable and I believe it is proprietary. If you check that cable on b&h, you can see other limited Nikons that use the same cable.

Nikon UC-E16 USB Cable 25851 B&H Photo Video

You might find a longer one on amazon or ebay, but read reviews, there is plenty of confusion on these connectors.

Last edited:

nickt

It should be Mini USB - Mini appears slightly larger and fatter than the Micro-usb.

Both my D3100 & my D7100 have had mini-usb. Most non-Apple phones have MICRO-usb.
You might want to check that in case you need to use the cable in a pinch. The d3100 and the D7000 use the same standard Mini USB. The D7100 uses the oddball UC-E6 cable. And apparently the d3200 uses this cable too. It really makes me crazy when they change these connectors.
Here is the UC-E6 cable listing:
Nikon UC-E6 USB Cable (4.5') 25604 B&H Photo Video

Last edited:

SteveH

You might want to check that in case you need to use the cable in a pinch. The d3100 and the D7000 use the same standard Mini USB. The D7100 uses the oddball UC-E6 cable. And apparently the d3200 uses this cable too. It really makes me crazy when they change these connectors.
Here is the UC-6 cable listing:
Nikon UC-E6 USB Cable (4.5') 25604 B&H Photo Video

I'll check that, thanks! I just automatically started using the supplied cable from the D7100, and boxed the D3100 cable up with the camera when I sold it!

nickt

I'll check that, thanks! I just automatically started using the supplied cable from the D7100, and boxed the D3100 cable up with the camera when I sold it!
I did just the opposite, I kept my old cable in my bag and then a month later discovered it did not fit the d7100. I had to dig through my drawers full of spare cables to find where I tossed it.

Horoscope Fish

I have a Nikon L820 and I don't know what the end is called that goes into the Camera for the data transfer,I know it's not Micro or Mini USB from what my google search's have brought up,can you guy's tell me what the small plug end is called as I really need to get a longer one.
That's a proprietary cable made by Nikon. It's not a standard mini, or micro, USB connector; it's akin to their UC-E6 cable.

This is your cable, a 5 footer if that helps, for about $10 shipped.

Last edited:

wade7575

I found out last night after giving it one last try to find out the name of this cable and found out it was called UC-E16,thanks for the help guys.