My first installment in my "back to the 60's" stuff

STM

I shot this a week ago but have been so busy with work I did not have time to process it until this morning. I found an old beaten up 105mm f/2.5 Nikkor P "silver nose" on Fleabay for $50. The cosmetics are pretty ugly but the glass is perfect. I used my F2 along with that lens and Tri-X exposed at ASA 200 and developed "hot" at 75º to accentuate the grain. I made a deal with a hundred year old bed and breakfast downtown that if they let me shoot stuff in unoccupied rooms of theirs for free, I would shoot all new stuff for their website free of charge. I would say that was a pretty fair deal. I get old settings and they get several hundred bucks worth of work for their website free of charge. This one was shot around 10 am

I love the flare and lower contest in backlit images associated with those old, poorly coated Nikkors. There is just a certain charm associated with them that is impossible to duplicate with digital. I scanned the negative with my Super CoolScan LS-8000 and the only manipulation is some slight cropping and a good bit of resizing. Scanning a 35mm negative at 4000 dpi produces a rather substantially large image!

Last edited:

Bill16

Cool shot buddy! But I think the lighting in your second installment helps improve the feel of it! Way to go buddy! Your sure miles ahead of me in your artistic photography! :D